Rival networks ABS-CBN and GMA-7 have introduced to us artists who have impeccable talents in acting. At times, we can’t help but compare these prime-time stars with each other. However, these artists are currently the surest “bet” of their respective networks. That’s because televiewers see how remarkable these artists are because of their effective role portrayal and their passion for the industry. Check out these eight prime-time Kapuso and Kapamilya artists who are among the most bankable stars today .
1. Julia Montes – After her stint in the kiddie gag show “Goin’ Bulilit”, Julia became one of the most sought-after artists of the Kapamilya network. Her biggest breakthrough as an actress was in 2010 when she played the “kontrabida” role as Clara del Valle in the remake version of iconic series “Mara Clara”. Since then, her home network has been giving her challenging roles such as the afternoon series “Doble Kara” where she portrayed a dual character — both protagonist and villain.
2. Lovi Poe – The 29-year-old daughter of the late Fernando Poe Jr. is now making a name in the showbiz industry. The Kapuso actress has been showcasing her prowess in acting both in TV and movies.
3. Maja Salvador – “Dance Princess” Maja Salvador has been proving to us that she’s not only a dancer. Instead, she is a multi-talented artist who is also good at singing and acting. This is highly evident when she played the remarkable character as Lily Cruz/ Ivy Aguas in the now-defunct Kapamilya series “Wild Flower”.
4. Barbie Forteza – The young actress admitted in her previous with PEP that it was such great honor for her to be called as “GMA’s Prime-time Princess”.
“Nakakatuwa na kahit paano, may tumitingin sa akin o nagtatrato sa akin nang ganun. But not to the point na paaabutin ko siya sa isip ko, na forever na akong ganun.”
5. Kris Bernal – The “Star Struck” alumna has been doing challenging roles in the Kapuso network. As for her, the recently concluded soap opera “Impostora” taught her patience and self-control
6. Janine Gutierrez
28-year-old Janine marked another milestone last year when she bagged awards during the Cinemalaya Film Festival. In an interview, she said that her dream come true and she is grateful for being hailed as 4th Urduja Heritage Film Festival Best Supporting Actress Award.
7. Julie Anne San Jose
The Kapuso singer and “My Guitar Princess” star admitted in her previous interview that she’s still not contented with the achievements that she is getting now. She said that she is still yearning to achieve a lot of things in the future.
“I want to do more stuff, I want to do more. Kumbaga, yung hunger at yung thirst for the knowledge, for the experience, hindi mawawala for me. Yun nga po, since bata pa po ako, marami pa akong gustong gawin, marami pa akong gustong i-explore. I think, yung contentment na yun na masasabi ko, hindi pa siya present for me now.”
8. Ruru Madrid
After winning as Best Male Actor Award during the 31st PMPC Star Awards for Television, the 19-year-old Kapuso talent is now looking forward to showcasing his full potential as an actor.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: Kris Aquino takes care of Erich Gonzales after suffering from “severe asthma”
“Kailangan ko lang talagang patunayan sa lahat ng tao na talagang ang bawat eksenang ginagawa ko at bawat role na binibigay sa akin, talagang pinag-iigihan ko at pinaghahandaan ko at gagalingan ko talaga.”