Wardrobe malfunctions are a part of showbiz. Accidents happen and yes even your idols experience them from time-to-time. As a matter of fact, you can never and should never judge a person’s character by their clothes. Check out these 11 celebrities and prominent personalities who became trending online because of their controversial OOTDs or outfits.
1. MJ Lastimosa – While netizens lauded Mary Jean’s performance in the 2014 Miss Universe pageant, many criticized the national costume and evening gown outfits she wore during the competition. Some even blamed the said dresses for her failure to join the top 5 of the beauty contest.
2. Maine Mendoza – “Yaya Dub’s” pink gown during the record breaking #AldubTamangPanahon at the Philippine Arena became a talk of the town after netizens noticed that this was the exact same gown worn by Kim Chui in 2013. In the official statement of renowned fashion designer Francis Libiran, he said: “We are so glad, honored, and grateful that Maine Mendoza and her official stylists, Stylized Studio, Inc., chose a beautiful Francis Libiran dress from our Spring/Summer 2015. Maine Mendoza’s gown at Eat Bulaga’s Tamang Panahon concert for a cause was bought and paid for by Eat Bulaga Production.”
Moreover, in the same year, celebrity stylist Liz Uy has filed a libel and slander charges against blogger Michael Sy Lim, better known as Fashion Pulis after the latter gave a remark that the Gucci jacket worn by Maine during her previous shoot with Preview Magazine was a ”hand-me-down”.
3. Maria Isabel Lopez – She was a part of the “worst dressed” list of the prestigious Cannes Film Festival in 2009. Later on, the veteran actress proved to her detractors that she is “indestructible”. In 2016, she graced the red carpet as she confidently and ferociously poses in a beautiful green gown.
4. Kim Chiu – Earlier this month, the “Chinita Princess” was dragged in an issue after renowned fashion designer John Herrera took to social media to voice out his disappointment on the actress’s camp who allegedly refused to accept his creation. Supposedly, Kim was to wear Herrera’s gown during her hosting for the 66th FAMAS awards night.
5. Devon Seron
The Kapuso actress and model remained positive amidst the negative comment of a netizen regarding her outfit on one of her mall shows. The netizen said:
“[devonseron] Sorry but this is a big fashion disaster. Printed to printed is definitely a big NO. can someone tell her.”
6. Billy Crawford and Coleen Garcia – The married couple’s Ethiopian pre-nuptial photos became the talk of the town after several netizens commented that the photos were “offensive,” citing how the locals were used as “props.” Moreover, many netizens also pointed out that some of their clothes resemble the fabric used for their pillow case, bag, and sofas.
7. Maggie Wilson – The former Miss World Philippines became a center of intrigues after netizen noticed that her OOTD while in the Middle East wasn’t appropriate for a Muslim country such as Jordan.
8. Dr. Vicki Belo – Here’s a star with a ton of OOTDs. The celebrity doctor’s gown during the wedding of her daughter Cristalle Bello in Lake Como, Italy last September 15 became a talk of the town. Many netizens said that it looks like a “bedsheet”.
9. Senator Nancy Binay – The renowned government official became the target of ridicule on social media because to the gown she wore during the State of the Nation Address of former President Benigno Aquino in 2014. However, instead of getting offended on the outburst of funny memes about her on social media, Senator Nancy Binay remained a good sport and just laughed about it. In fact, she lauded the creativity of her detractors online.
10. Kiray Celis – The “Goin Bulilit” alumna was dubbed as “worst dressed celebrity” during the “Star Magic Ball” in 2013. Because of this, she earned many negative feedbacks on social media.
11. Solenn Heussaff –
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: Ex-PBB housemate Say Alonzo excited to return to acting
The Kapuso actress and model hits back at a harsh critic who criticized her bikini photo on Instagram.