in

Toddler in California almost died after he was buried under the sand

With the onset of summer, many are already planning on how they are going to spend the much-awaited days under the sun. Most probably, spending it on the beach would be the first option of many. It is because this is where everyone has the freedom to flaunt their curves that they have been working on for the past few months.

However, there is this accident in Newport Beach in California that you should probably take into consideration before finally settling on where you should spend your summer getaway.On the article published by Boredom therapy, an accident at the sand beach in California that happened recently has alarmed many parents about the danger of letting toddlers play on the sand while they were left unattended.

via: BoredomTherapy
via: BoredomTherapy

According to the report, because of the sudden flock of people in Newport Beach, there have been cases of missing children in the area. But luckily, through the help of some authorities and lifeguards who immediately attend to their concerns, these missing children are then back to their families arms. However, not for the two women who remain distressed after their 3-year-old child remained missing for quite some time even with the help of the authorities.

Based on the source, a man named Jesse Martin, who also happened to be on the beach overheard their misery and concern of the two women. Without hesitation, he immediately volunteered to help them.

via: BoredomTherapy
via: BoredomTherapy

Martin was then helped by his two uncles on searching for the missing child. Looking through the area where the child was reported missing, Martin and his companions noticed a number of children who were digging the sand.

Curious and suspicious at the same time, Martin followed his instinct and jumped on the hole. Uncertain of what he might be seeing, he still dug the hole as fast he can.

via: BoredomTherapy
via: BoredomTherapy

It was then that he found the missing child buried under the sand. Because of suffocation, the vulnerable child was already losing oxygen that caused discoloration on his face.

In an interview with the rescuer named Stuart Frost, he was quoted as to saying,

“We started digging and Jesse found this little boy… and pulled him out. He was ash gray.”

via: BoredomTherapy
via: BoredomTherapy

The rescued child was then brought to the nearest hospital where he was given the immediate medical attention. According to the source, the child is now recovering from suffocation.

Because of what happened, authorities hope that the mishap of the child in California would bring awareness to other parents to be vigilant in taking care and attending their children especially if they happen to be at the beach.

via: BoredomTherapy

What can you say about this beach accident in California? Do you think this could also happen in the Philippines? What should be done in order to avoid this mishap? Share your thoughts, reactions, and opinions in the comments section below!

Via: Boredomtherapy

Leave a Reply